Open Graded Meetings
Horspath Road Athletics Track, Horspath Road, Oxford, OX4 2RR.
OCAC hosts a number of Open Graded Meetings each summer. In 2018 there will be 5 such meetings. Each meeting takes place on a Wednesday evening, and comprises between five and six events scheduled between 6.45 pm and 9.15 pm. There will normally be one field event, and four or five track events. All events are run subject to UKA rules, the meetings are certified by UKA, and the track races are electronically timed using photo-finish technology. The cost of entering is detailed below.
WE REGRET TO ANNOUNCE THE CANCELLATION OF OUR AUGUST OPEN MEETING SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 15th. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY ENTERED ONLINE YOUR ENTRY FEE WILL BE REFUNDED BEFORE THE MIDDLE OF JULY.
OUR OPEN MEETINGS ARE NOW ONLINE BOOKING ONLY. We no longer accept any entries on the night. This applies to all events. Online entry for the July Open will now close at 6.30pm on Sunday 15th July.
- No U11s may compete in the open graded meetings. U13s may only compete in events permitted under UK Athletics rules.
- Entries should be made online (card payments only) using the form below. The entry form will accept entries up to midday on the Saturday prior to the Wednesday of the event (eg the July 2018 closing date is midday on July 14th 2018). After that no further entries can be accepted. For the July 2018 Open only this has been extended to 6.30pm on July 15th.
- Event times are approximate only. The organiser reserves the right to amend the schedule on the night.
- The entry cost is £4 per event. No refunds if an athlete fails to turn up or arrives late for their event.
- If fewer than 3 advance entries are received for a hurdles race then the organiser reserves the right to cancel the event that evening. In that case entry fees will be refunded to those who have already entered.
- All start times are approximate and may be changed on the day.
- Track races will be seeded using expected performances and races will include males and females and mixed age groups.
Upcoming OGM Competitions
|Oxford City AC Midweek Open Graded Meeting||15 August 2018 @ 06:30||Enter|
“Just thought I’d drop you a line. I competed at your Open Graded Meeting on Wednesday 16th and just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed my evening of throwing the hammer. It was nice to be at a competition that had a relaxed atmosphere and where everyone was enjoying their throwing. It makes a nice change to go to a competition where everyone is relaxed, and where the officials were so friendly. Look forward to entering your competitions in the future.”
Tayla Mullings, U17
Bromsgrove and Redditch